Wednesday, June 23, 2010

those were days of roses; poetry and proses.

I am so so so glad that I bought this Tom Waits album on a whim two weeks ago. I'm just getting round to listening to it now but I am seriously in love. The other songs I tried to listen to were a little hard to stand, but I suppose his later work is a little bit more avantegarde (at least from what I read searching through google).The songs are just so understated and beautiful with the piano shining through creating so much emotion you just want to cry! The lyrics are also so beautiful and poetic, you could such emotion just from reading them on a piece of paper. It really is quite extraordinary. In case anyone out there is reading my blog, the album is "Closing Time". I think it's his debut or one of his first albums anyway. I think I'm going to burn this one for my dad, along with the new Hanson CD ('shout it out' in case anyone is interested). The new Hanson album hasn't gotten a super lot of play since I've been preoccupied with 'pet sounds' and 'new miserable experience' (strange taste whattttt).

Let's see, what else have I been up to. Not much really. I put chlorine in the pool today, unloaded the dishwasher, remembered to take out the recycle (come on this is always a success since i usually forget)... really nothing special. I was going to get my nails done yesterday but couldn't justify the expense (I spend approximately 1/6 of my time biting my nails. That's right. 1/6.) Of course, I can justify buying to many new albums from the record store. It's something I haven't done in a long long time though, and I suppose some things never change. ever. Before I cared what I looked like, I spent all my money on CDs and literally never bought new clothes for myself. I didn't even buy good Cds though so it was kind of a waste (this was during my crappy hip-hop stage... the 15 dollars on that edited version of tupac's greatest hits was well spent though).

Not much else to say. I think I am going to make salmon for dinner... I was going to make mashed potatoes but I am too lazy, so I'm just going to reheat the corn that's already in the fridge. I'll make the Parmesan potatoes tomorrow instead.

I need a haircut. that is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment