Wednesday, August 11, 2010

something annoyed me so much today. I get so many stupid conservative, religious forwards from my family that I usually automatically delete without even reading. For some reason today I read them. Well it was some stupid prayer, and this part particularly infuriated me:

"We have exploited the poor and called it
the lottery.

We have rewarded laziness and called it
welfare.."


So which is it? Are we exploiting the poor under the name of capitalism (lottery) or are we rewarding them for being lazy since poor people obviously just don't like to work (yeah, and we can say this with a straight face when we have like, 10 percent unemployment). It cannot be both. We cannot be exploiting the 'poor' and rewarding them for being lazy.

This one made me laugh too because it came from the typical right wing talking point that all of our forefathers were puritans who loved jesus and hated the gays, amen! "We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment."

AND ACTUALLY THE FOREFATHERS LIVED DURING THE TRUE 'ENLIGHTENMENT'. so what is your point exactly? That cannot really be debated...

Anyway, just had to get that out before i exploded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment