Monday, August 2, 2010

Everybody's got to eat, but everybody doesn't.

wow, a whole month without posting! Nothing interesting has happened, and I doubt anyone is even reading this, so it doesn't matter :P

Mostly what I wanted to post was this. I've had so much time to listen to music lately, I've re-fallen in love with it in a way. It's pretty beautiful. I hadn't found anything I'd related to in a really really long time.

Albums of the Moment:
The Gaslight Anthem- American Slang
Steel Train- Self-Titled
Frightened Rabbit- The Midnight Organ Fight (seriously, I've listened to this nonstop for like a month)
Kate Nash- My Best Friend Is You (while you are at it, check out 'Made Of Bricks')
Wakey Wakey- Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said The Last Time I Saw You
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals- Nothing But The Water

Honourable Mention: K'naan- Troubador. Wow, a beautiful album, I've had it for like a year and have never listened to it... nuts. Honestly, this is the kind of hip-hop I miss. I hate saying I don't like hip-hop anymore, because the truth is I love it, it's one of the first kinds of music I ever fell in love with, even before rock and roll really. The stories they tell need to be told, but truth be said I do not appreciate the rappers who degrade women and perpetuate ridiculous stereotypes of the community.


Noticed Hanson isn't on this list... pffft.

I honestly believe my love of hip-hop helped lead me to sociology which is a beautiful gift, thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment